To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Critical Care Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Prolonged acute mechanical ventilation, hospital resource utilization, and mortality in the United States.Crit Care Med. 2008; 36: 724-730
- Analyzing the outcome of early versus prolonged extubation following cardiac surgery.Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2008; 14: 218-223
- Incidence of and risk factors for ventilator-associated pneumonia in critically ill patients.Ann Intern Med. 1998; 129: 433-440
- Ventilator-associated lung injury.Lancet. 2003; 361: 332-340
- Comparison of three methods of gradual withdrawal from ventilatory support during weaning from mechanical ventilation.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1994; 150: 896-903
- A comparison of four methods of weaning patients from mechanical ventilation. Spanish Lung Failure Collaborative Group.N Engl J Med. 1995; 332: 345-350
- Effect on the duration of mechanical ventilation of identifying patients capable of breathing spontaneously.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 1864-1869
- Evidence-based guidelines for weaning and discontinuing ventilatory support: a collective task force facilitated by the American College of Chest Physicians; the American Association for Respiratory Care; and the American College of Critical Care Medicine.Chest. 2001; 120: 375S-395S
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign: international guidelines for management of severe sepsis and septic shock.Crit Care Med. 2008; 36: 296-327
- Weaning from mechanical ventilation.Eur Respir J. 2007; 29: 1033-1056
- Patients' recollection of intensive care unit experience.Crit Care Med. 1990; 18: 966-968
- The use of continuous i.v. sedation is associated with prolongation of mechanical ventilation.Chest. 1998; 114: 541-548
- Daily interruption of sedative infusions in critically ill patients undergoing mechanical ventilation.N Engl J Med. 2000; 342: 1471-1477
- Daily interruption of sedative infusions and complications of critical illness in mechanically ventilated patients.Crit Care Med. 2004; 32: 1272-1276
- Changes in sedation management in German intensive care units between 2002 and 2006: a national follow up survey.Crit Care. 2007; 11: R124
- Canadian survey of the use of sedatives, analgesics, and neuromuscular blocking agents in critically ill patients.Crit Care Med. 2006; 34: 374-380
- Current practices in sedation and analgesia for mechanically ventilated critically ill patients: a prospective multicenter patient-based study.Anesthesiology. 2007; 106: 687-695
- Delirium and sedation in the intensive care unit: survey of behaviors and attitudes of 1384 healthcare professionals.Crit Care Med. 2009; 37: 825-832
- Perceived barriers to the use of sedation protocols and daily sedation interruption: A multidisciplinary survey.J Crit Care. 2009; 24: 66-73
- Intensive care unit sedation: waking up clinicians to the gap between research and practice.Crit Care Med. 2006; 34: 556-557
- Daily interruption of sedative infusions in critically ill patients.N Engl J Med. 2000; 343: 814-815
- A wake-up call in the intensive care unit.N Engl J Med. 2000; 342: 1520-1522
- Neuromuscular blockade at the end of life.N Engl J Med. 2000; 342: 1921-1922
- The long-term psychological effects of daily sedative interruption on critically ill patients.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2003; 168: 1457-1461
- Efficacy and safety of a paired sedation and ventilator weaning protocol for mechanically ventilated patients in intensive care (Awakening and Breathing Controlled trial): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2008; 371: 126-134
© 2009 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.