Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
- Treatment of urea cycle disorders.in: Desnick R.J. Treatment of genetic diseases. Churchill Livingstone, New York1991: 79-94
- Severe liver fibrosis in argininosuccinic aciduria.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1986; 110: 136-140
- Protein homeostasis in chronic hemodialysis patients.Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2004; 7: 89-95
- Energy and protein requirements. World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland1985
- Nutrition support of patients with disorders of the urea cycle.Met Currents. 1994; 7: 1-6
- Effect of alternative pathway therapy on branced chain amino acid metabolism in urea cycle disorder patients.Mol Genet Metab. 2004; 81: S79-S85
- Nutrition support protocols. Ross Products Division, Abbott Laboratories, Columbus, OH2001
- USDA national nutrient database for standard reference, release 17.(Available at:)Accessed June 8, 2005)
- Menstrual cycle and gonadal steroid effects on symptomatic hyperammonaemia of urea-cycle-based and idiopathic aetiologies.J Inherit Metab Dis. 1994; 17: 566-574
- Postpartum coma and death due to carbamoly-phosphate synthetase I deficiency.Ann Intern Med. 1994; 120: 216-217
- Hyperammonemia in women with a mutation at the ornithine carbamoyltransferase locus.N Engl J Med. 1990; 322: 1652-1655
- Diet and nutrition in the care of the patient with surgery, trauma and sepsis.in: Shils M.E. Olson J.A. Shike M. Modern nutrition in health and disease. 9th edition. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore (MD)1999: 1589-1618
- Hyperammonemic coma due to parenteral nutrition in a woman with heterozygous ornithine transcarbamylase deficiency.Gastroenterology. 1995; 109: 282-284
- Valproate as a cause of hyperammonemia in heterozygotes with ornithine-transcarbamylase deficiency.Neurology. 1995; 45: 593-594
- Hyperammonaemic encephalopathy after initiation of valproate therapy in unrecognized ornithine transcarbamylase deficiency.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1998; 64: 680-682
- Neurological deterioration in patients with urea cycle disorders under valproate therapy—a cause for concern.Eur J Pediatr. 1995; 154: 593-594
- Effects of valproate and citrulline on ammonium-induced encephalopathy.Epilepsia. 1994; 35: 164-171
- Carbamyl phosphate synthetase-1 deficiency discovered after valproic acid-induced coma.Acta Neurol Scand. 1992; 86: 275-279
- A case of carbamylphosphate synthetase-I deficiency associated with secondary carnitine deficiency—L-carnitine treatment of CPS-I deficiency.Eur J Pediatr. 1990; 149: 272-274
Dr. Summar acknowledges the support of NIH grants MOI-RR-0095 and U54-RR-019453.
Complete financial disclosure information for each author is provided in the frontmatter of this supplement on page iii.