To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Critical Care Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Continuity of care: a casualty of the 80-hour work week.Acad Med. 2004; 79: 381
- The critical care medicine crisis: a call for federal action: a white paper from the critical care professional societies.Chest. 2004; 125: 1518
- The critical care crisis in the United States: a report from the profession.Chest. 2004; 125: 1514
- Nurse practitioners and physician assistants in the intensive care unit: an evidence-based review.Crit Care Med. 2008; 36: 2888
- Duty hours for resident physicians—tough choices for teaching hospitals.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 1275
- Levels of autonomy of nurse practitioners in an acute care setting.J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 2007; 19: 500
The Leapfrog Group. ICU Physician Staffing (IPS). Available at: www.leapfroggroup.org. Accessed May 24, 2009.
- The expanding role of the nurse practitioner in an academic medical center and its impact on graduate medical education.J Surg Educ. 2007; 64: 282
- Care of critically ill surgical patients using the 80-hour Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education work-week guidelines: a survey of current strategies.Am Surg. 2006; 72: 497
- A program to increase health care for children: the pediatric nurse practitioner program.Pediatrics. 1967; 39: 756
- Acute care nurse practitioner practice: results of a 5-year longitudinal study.Am J Crit Care. 2005; 14: 211
- Trial of nurse practitioners in intensive care.New Horiz. 1994; 2: 296
- Management of patients in the intensive care unit: comparison via work sampling analysis of an acute care nurse practitioner and physicians in training.Am J Crit Care. 2003; 12: 436
- Outcomes of care managed by an acute care nurse practitioner/attending physician team in a subacute medical intensive care unit.Am J Crit Care. 2005; 14: 121
- Critical care delivery in the intensive care unit: defining clinical roles and the best practice model.Crit Care Med. 2007; 29: 2001
- Workplace empowerment, collaborative work relationships, and job strain in nurse practitioners.J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 2002; 14: 408
- Advanced practice nursing: an administrative perspective.Crit Care Nurs Clin North Am. 1995; 7: 9
- Cardiovascular nurse practitioner practice: results of a Canada-wide survey.Can J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2007; 17: 27
- Implementing advanced nurse practitioner roles in acute care: an evaluation of organizational change.J Nurs Adm. 2003; 33: 139
- The evolving role of the acute care nurse practitioner in critical care.Curr Opin Crit Care. 2006; 12: 609
- Orientation program for hospital-based nurse practitioners.AACN Adv Crit Care. 2009; 20: 82
- The transition to first position as nurse practitioner.J Nurs Educ. 2001; 40: 156-163
- Effect of a multidisciplinary intervention on communication and collaboration among physicians and nurses.Am J Crit Care. 2005; 14: 71
- Challenges and leadership strategies for managers of nurse practitioners.J Nurs Manag. 2003; 11: 396
- Impact of the nurse practitioner role in cardiothoracic surgery.Dynamics. 2004; 15: 14
- Acute care nurse practitioners: creating and implementing a model of care for an inpatient general medical service.Am J Crit Care. 2002; 11: 448
- Creating an advanced practice nurse-friendly culture: a marathon, not a sprint.AACN Clin Issues. 2005; 16: 58
- The changing face of critical care medicine: nurse practitioners in the pediatric intensive care unit.AACN Clin Issues. 2005; 16: 172
- Challenging family dialogues within the intensive care unit: an intensivist's perspective.J Hosp Med. 2008; 3: 354
- Processes of care: comparison between nurse practitioners and physician residents in acute care.Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont). 2006; 19: 69
- Withholding and withdrawing life-sustaining treatment: a comparative study of the ethical reasoning of physicians and the general public.Crit Care. 2008; 12: R13
- Climbing Everest: oncology work as an expedition in caring.J Psychosoc Oncol. 2009; 27: 84
- Prospective analysis of life-sustaining therapy discussions in the surgical intensive care unit: a housestaff perspective.J Am Coll Surg. 2008; 207: 468
© 2010 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.