To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Critical Care Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Early goal-directed therapy in the treatment of severe sepsis and septic shock.N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 1368-1377
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign: international guidelines for management of severe sepsis and septic shock.Intensive Care Med. 2008; 34: 17-60
- Hemodynamic variables related to outcome in septic shock.Intensive Care Med. 2005; 31: 1066-1071
- Elevation of systemic oxygen delivery in the treatment of critically ill patients.N Engl J Med. 1994; 330: 1717-1722
- A trial of goal-oriented hemodynamic therapy in critically ill patients: svO2 Collaborative Group.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 1025-1032
- Practice parameters for hemodynamic support of sepsis in adult patients: 2004 update.Crit Care Med. 2004; 32: 1928-1948
- Effects of perfusion pressure on tissue perfusion in septic shock.Crit Care med. 2000; 28: 2729-2732
- Vital organ blood flow during sepsis.Chest. 2003; 124: 1053-1059
- Cardiovascular system.in: Gabrielli A. Layon A.J. Mihae Y. Civetta Taylor and Kirby's critical care. 4th edition. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia (PA)2009: 693-695
- Cardiovascular anatomy and physiology.in: Darovi G.O. Hemodynamic monitoring: invasive and noninvasive clinical application. 2nd edition. WB Saunders, Philadelphia (PA)2002: 103-105
- A history of the life sciences.Marcel Dekker, Inc, Philadelphia (PA)2002 (p. 223–5)
- The ICU book.Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia (PA)2007 (p. 151–4)
- Factors influencing the accuracy of oscillometric blood pressure measurements in critically ill patients.Crit Care Med. 2003; 31: 793-799
- Clinical comparison of automated auscultatory and oscillometric and catheter-transducer measurements of arterial pressure.J Clin Monit. 1985; 1: 114-119
- Korotkoff sounds: what do we know about its discovery?.J Hypertens. 2005; 23: 3-4
- Vasopressor use in septic shock: an update.Curr Opin Anesthesiol. 2008; 21: 141-147
- Increasing mean arterial pressure in patients with septic shock: effects on oxygen variables and renal function.Crit Care Med. 2005; 33: 780-786
- Vasoactive drugs for vasodilatory shock in ICU.Curr Opin Crit Care. 2009; 15: 398-402
- Vasopressor and inotropic support in septic shock: an evidence based review.Crit Care Med. 2004; 32: S455-S465
- Vasopressors for shock.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004; (CD003709)
- Comparison of norepinephrine and dobutamine to epinephrine for hemodynamics, lactate metabolism, and gastric tonometric variables in septic shock: a prospective, randomized study.Intensive Care Med. 1997; 23: 282-287
- Vasopressin modulates K+ channel activities of cultured smooth muscle cells from porcine coronary artery.Am J Physiol. 1992; 263: H491-H496
- A dose-response study of phenyleprhine in critically ill, septic surgical patients.Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1997; 51: 461-465
- Norepinephrine or dopamine for the treatment of hyperdynamic septic shock.Chest. 1993; 103: 1826-1831
- The effect of increasing doses of norepinephrine on tissue oxygenation and microvascular flow in patients with septic shock.Crit Care Med. 2009; 37: 1961-1966
- Physiology of vasopressin relevant to management of septic shock.Chest. 2001; 120: 989-1002
- Clinical practice: preventing nephropathy induced by contrast medium.N Engl J Med. 2006; 34: 379-386
© 2010 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.