To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Critical Care Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Nutrition therapy in the critical care setting: what is “best achievable” practice? An international multicenter observational study.Crit Care Med. 2010; 38: 395-401
- Long-term mortality and medical care charges in patients with severe sepsis.Crit Care Med. 2003; 31: 2316-2323
- Pneumonia: still the old man's friend?.Arch Intern Med. 2003; 163: 317-323
- One-year outcomes in survivors of the acute respiratory distress syndrome.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 683-693
- Malnutrition is prevalent in hospitalized medical patients: are house staff identifying the malnourished patient?.Nutrition. 2006; 22: 350-354
- Subjective global assessment in the clinical setting.JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2007; 31: 406-409
- Gut function is an independent indicator of patient outcome: proof of principle.Clin Nutr Suppl. 2007; 2: 108
- The relationship between nutritional intake and clinical outcomes in critically ill patients: results of an international multicenter observational study.Intensive Care Med. 2009; 35: 1728-1737
- Early enteral nutrition within 24h of colorectal surgery versus later commencement of feeding for postoperative complications.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006; 4 (CD004080)
- Early enteral feeding versus “nil by mouth” after gastrointestinal surgery: systematic review and meta-analysis of controlled trials.BMJ. 2001; 323: 773-776
- Early and sufficient feeding reduces length of stay and charges in surgical patients.J Surg Res. 2001; 95: 73-77
- Advancing from immunonutrition to a pharmaconutrition: a gigantic challenge.Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2009; 12: 398-403
- Pharmaconutrition: a new emerging paradigm.Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2008; 24: 215-222
- Separating pharmaconutrition from classic nutrition goals: a necessary step.Crit Care Med. 2008; 36: 347-348
- The use of an inflammation-modulating diet in patients with acute lung injury or acute respiratory distress syndrome: a meta-analysis of outcome data.JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2008; 32: 596-605
- Glutamine: mode of action in critical illness.Crit Care Med. 2007; 35: S541-S544
- Arginine and immunity.J Nutr. 2007; 137: 1681S-1686
- Postsurgical infections are reduced with specialized nutrition support.World J Surg. 2006; 30: 1592-1604
- Should perioperative immune-modulating nutrition therapy be the standard of care? A systematic review.Crit Care Med. 2009; 13: 132
- Should immunonutrition become routine in critically ill patients? A systematic review of the evidence.JAMA. 2001; 286: 944-953
- Plasma glutamine depletion and patient outcome in acute ICU admissions.Intensive Care Med. 2001; 27: 84-90
- Surgical trauma and immunosuppression: pathophysiology and potential immunomodulatory approaches.Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2005; 390: 333-341
This work was supported by National Institutes of Health GrantsNIDDK- U01 DK069322, NIGMS- RO1 GM078312 to Paul E. Wischmeyer.
© 2010 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.