To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Critical Care Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Obesity, metabolic syndrome, and the surgical patient.Med Clin North Am. 2009; 93: 1049-1063
- Secretory factors from human adipose tissue and their functional role.Proc Nutr Soc. 2005; 64: 163-169
- Relations of thyroid function to body weight: cross-sectional and longitudinal observations in a community-based sample.Arch Intern Med. 2008; 168: 587-592
- Small differences in thyroid function may be important for body mass index and the occurrence of obesity in the population.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005; 90: 4019-4024
- Fatal hyperammonemic encephalopathy after gastric bypass surgery.Am J Med. 2008; 121: e1-e2
- Changes in adipose tissue gene expression and plasma levels of adipokines and acute-phase proteins in patients with critical illness.Metabolism. 2009; 58: 102-108
- Glucose control in the intensive care unit.Crit Care Med. 2009; 37: 1769-1776
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign: international guidelines for management of severe sepsis and septic shock: 2008.Crit Care Med. 2008; 36: 296-327
- The impact of obesity on outcome after major colorectal surgery.Dis Colon Rectum. 2007; 50: 2223-2237
- Impact of body mass index on perioperative outcomes in patients undergoing major intra-abdominal cancer surgery.Ann Surg Oncol. 2008; 15: 2164-2172
- Changes in serum adiponectin concentrations in critical illness: a preliminary investigation.Crit Care. 2009; 13: R105
- Body mass index is independently associated with hospital mortality in mechanically ventilated adults with acute lung injury.Crit Care Med. 2006; 34: 738-744
- Plasma leptin levels are increased in survivors of acute sepsis: associated loss of diurnal rhythm, in cortisol and leptin secretion.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998; 83: 280-283
- ICU patients: fatter is better?.Intensive Care Med. 2008; 34: 1961-1963
- The paradoxical effect of obesity on outcome in critically ill patients.Crit Care Med. 2006; 34: 1251-1253
- Abdominal obesity, blood glucose and apolipoprotein B levels are the best predictors of the incidence of hypercholesterolemia (2001–2006) among healthy adults: the ATTICA study.Lipids Health Dis. 2008; 7: 11
- Low serum level of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol is a poor prognostic factor for severe sepsis.Crit Care Med. 2005; 33: 1688-1693
- Lipoproteins in inflammation and sepsis. I. Basic science.Intensive Care Med. 2007; 33: 13-24
- Statins for the prevention and treatment of infections: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 1658-1667
- Statin use does not affect the outcome of acute infection: a prospective cohort study.Presse Med. 2010; 39: e52-e57
- Hypothyroidism and obesity. Cause or effect?.Saudi Med J. 2008; 29: 1135-1138
- Association of thyroid-stimulating hormone levels and body mass index in overweight Hispanics in Puerto Rico.Ethn Dis. 2008; 18 (S2): 151-154
- Hypothyroidism and failure to wean in patients receiving prolonged mechanical ventilation at a regional weaning center.Chest. 2004; 126: 1307-1312
- Ornithine transcarbamylase deficiency presenting as encephalopathy during adulthood following bariatric surgery.Arch Neurol. 2007; 64: 126-128
Published online: July 23, 2010
© 2010 Published by Elsevier Inc.