To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Critical Care Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Blood volume, cardiac output, and distribution of systemic blood flow in extreme obesity.Cardiovasc Res Cent Bull. 1962–1963; 1: 39-44
- Cardiovascular effects of obesity and hypertension.Lancet. 1982; 319: 1165-1168
- Part I:cardiopulmonary consequences of morbid obesity.Life Sci. 1980; 26: 2119-2127
- Obesity and cardiac function.Circulation. 1981; 64: 477-482
- Cardiovascular function in extreme obesity.Acta Med Scand. 1983; 149: 437-439
- Relations of stroke volume and cardiac output to body composition. The strong heart study.Circulation. 2001; 103: 820-825
- Obesity and the electrocardiogram.Obes Rev. 2005; 6: 275-281
- The electrocardiogram in obesity: statistical analysis of 1029 patients.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1986; 7: 295-299
- Effect of weight loss on the ECG of normotensive morbidly obese patients.Chest. 2001; 119: 507-510
- Obesity cardiomyopathy: pathophysiology and evolution of the clinical syndrome.Am J Med Sci. 2001; 321: 225-236
- Determinants of left ventricular mass in obesity; a cardiovascular magnetic resonance study.J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2009; 11: 9
- Influence of left ventricular mass on diastolic filling in normotensive morbid obesity.Am Heart J. 1995; 130: 1068-1073
- The aging process of the heart: obesity is the main risk factor for left atrial enlargement during aging.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 54: 1982-1989
- Obesity and the risk of heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 305-313
- Effect of exercise on left ventricular systolic function and reserve in morbid obesity.Am J Cardiol. 1989; 63: 1478
- Cardiac morphology and left ventricular function in normotensive morbidly obese patients with and without congestive heart failure, and effect of weight loss.Am J Cardiol. 1997; 80: 736-740
- Obesity and the risk of new-onset atrial fibrillation.JAMA. 2004; 292: 2471-2477
- Lymphocyte beta-adrenergic receptors in young subjects with peripheral or central obesity: relationship with central haemodynamics and left ventricular function.Eur Heart J. 1994; 15: 786-792
- Adipocyte fatty acid-binding protein suppresses cardiomyocyte contraction.Circ Res. 2009; 105: 326-334
Published online: July 26, 2010
© 2010 Published by Elsevier Inc.