To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Critical Care Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Role of obesity in GORD-related disorders.Gut. 2008; 57: 281-284
- Abdominal obesity, ethnicity and gastro-oesophageal reflux symptoms.Gut. 2007; 56: 756-762
- Obesity and estrogen as risk factors for gastroesophageal reflux symptoms.JAMA. 2003; 290: 66-72
- Gastro-esophageal reflux and esophageal motility disorders in morbidly obese patients.Obes Surg. 2004; 14: 959-966
- Obesity and gastro-oesophageal reflux: is there a relationship?.Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 1996; 8: 625-626
- The association between gastroesophageal reflux disease and obesity.Am J Gastroenterol. 2008; 103: 2111-2122
- Esophageal motility disorders in critically ill patients: a 24-hour manometric study.Intensive Care Med. 2000; 26: 1421-1427
- Critical care dysmotility: abnormal foregut motor function in the ICU/ITU patient.Gut. 2005; 54 ([discussion: 1384–90]): 1351-1352
- Implications of altered gastrointestinal motility in obesity.Obes Surg. 2007; 17: 1399-1407
- Strategies for prophylaxis and treatment for aspiration.Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol. 2004; 18: 719-737
- Comprehensive evidence-based clinical practice guidelines for ventilator-associated pneumonia: prevention.J Crit Care. 2008; 23: 126-137
- Protection against pulmonary acid aspiration with ranitidine. A new histamine H2-receptor antagonist.Anaesthesia. 1982; 37: 22-25
- Morbid obesity causes chronic increase of intraabdominal pressure.Dig Dis Sci. 2007; 52: 1038-1041
- Intra-abdominal pressure in the morbidly obese.Obes Surg. 2005; 15: 1225-1232
- Results from the International Conference of Experts on Intra-abdominal Hypertension and Abdominal Compartment Syndrome. I. Definitions.Intensive Care Med. 2006; 32: 1722-1732
- Prevalence of hepatic steatosis in an urban population in the United States: impact of ethnicity.Hepatology. 2004; 40: 1387-1395
- Evaluation and management of obesity-related nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007; 4: 432-441
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: is bariatric surgery the answer?.Clin Liver Dis. 2009; 13: 689-710
- Obesity, metabolic syndrome, and the surgical patient.Med Clin North Am. 2009; 93: 1049-1063
- Long-term follow-up of patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009; 7: 234-238
- Cirrhosis as a risk factor for sepsis and death: analysis of the National Hospital Discharge Survey.Chest. 2003; 124: 1016-1020
- Incidence and prognosis of early hepatic dysfunction in critically ill patients–a prospective multicenter study.Crit Care Med. 2007; 35: 1099-1104
- Macronutrients and insulin resistance in cholesterol gallstone disease.Am J Gastroenterol. 2008; 103: 2932-2939
Disclosure Statement: The authors have nothing to disclose.
© 2010 Published by Elsevier Inc.