To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Critical Care Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Obese ICU patients: resource utilization and outcomes.Clin Nurs Res. 2005; 14: 303-323
- Obesity is associated with macrophage accumulation in adipose tissue.J Clin Invest. 2003; 112: 1796-1808
- Monocyte and macrophage heterogeneity.Nat Rev Immunol. 2005; 5: 953-964
- Macrophage-specific PPARγ controls alternative activation and improves insulin resistance.Nature. 2007; 447: 1116-1120
- Stimulation of adipogenesis in fibroblasts by PPAR γ 2, a lipid-activated transcription factor.Cell. 1994; 79: 1147-1156
- Obesity, innate immunity and gut inflammation.Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2007; 23: 661-666
- Inducible toll-like receptor and NF-κB regulatory pathway expression in human adipose tissue.Obesity. 2008; 16: 932-937
- PPARγ: a versatile metabolic regulator.Int J Obes. 2000; 24: S4
- Immune responsiveness in a rat model for type II diabetes (Zucker rat, fa = fa): susceptibility to Candida albicans infection and leucocyte function.J Med Microbiol. 1996; 44: 277-283
- Human leptin enhances activation and proliferation of human circulating T lymphocytes.Cell Immunol. 2000; 199: 15
- Leptin in the regulation of immunity, inflammation and hematopoiesis.J Leukoc Biol. 2000; 68: 437-446
- Obesity and infection.Lancet Infect Dis. 2006; 6: 438-446
- Disruption of the uncoupling protein-2 gene in mice reveals a role in immunity and reactive oxygen species production.Nat Genet. 2000; 26: 435-439
- Leptin modulates the T-cell immune response and reverses starvation-induced immunosuppression.Nature. 1998; 394: 897
- Neutrophil activation in morbid obesity, chronic activation of acute inflammation.Obesity. 2009; 17: 2014-2018
- The adipocytes and hemostatic balance in obesity: studies of PAI-1.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1998; 18: 1-6
- Protective vascular and myocardial effects of adiponectin.Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med. 2009; 6: 27-35
- Adiponectin reduces atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice.Circulation. 2002; 106: 2767-2770
- Adiponectin replenishment ameliorates obesity-related hypertension.Hypertension. 2006; 47: 1108-1116
- An adipocyte-derived plasma protein, adiponectin, adheres to injured vascular walls.Horm Metab Res. 2000; 32: 47-50
- Adiponectin cardioprotection after myocardial ischemia/reperfusion involves the reduction of oxidative/nitrative stress.Circulation. 2007; 115: 1408-1416
- Adiponectin protects against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury through AMP kinase- and COX-2-dependent mechanisms.Nat Med. 2005; 11: 1096-1103
- Oxidative stress and diabetic cardiovascular complications.Free Radic Biol Med. 2006; 40: 183-192
The authors have nothing to disclose.
© 2010 Published by Elsevier Inc.