To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Critical Care Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- BMI and seatbelt use.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2007; 15: 2541-2545
- Motor vehicle crashes obesity and seat belt use: a deadly combination?.J Trauma. 2008; 64: 412-419
- The cushion effect.J Trauma. 2003; 54: 1090-1093
- Body mass index and injury risk among US children 9–15 years old in motor vehicle crashes.Inj Prev. 2008; 14: 366-371
- Injury patterns among obese children involved in motor vehicle collisions.J Pediatr Surg. 2009; 44: 1218-1222
- Childhood obesity: a risk factor for injuries observed at a level-1 trauma center.J Pediatr Surg. 2009; 44: 1601-1605
- Is bigger better? The effect of obesity on pelvic fractures after side impact motor vehicle crashes.J Trauma. 2009; 67: 709-714
- Severity of injury and outcomes among obese trauma patients with fractures of the femur and tibia: a crash injury research and engineering network study.J Orthop Trauma. 2009; 23: 634-639
- Body mass index and outcomes in critically injured blunt trauma patients: weighing the impact.J Am Coll Surg. 2007; 204: 1056-1061
- How long a shadow does epidemic obesity cast in the burn unit? A dietitian’s analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the available data in the National Burn Repository.J Burn Care Res. 2008; 29: 97-101
- The relationship of body mass index and functional outcomes in patients with acute burns.J Burn Care Res. 2008; 29: 102-108
- Body mass index affects time to definitive closure after damage control surgery.J Trauma. 2009; 66: 1683-1687
- Impact of obesity in damage control laparotomy patients.J Trauma. 2009; 67: 108-112
- Obesity and traumatic brain injury.J Trauma. 2006; 61: 572-576
- Traumatic brain injury after frontal crashes: relationship with body mass index.J Trauma. 2009; 66: 727-729
- Visceral adiposity is not associated with inflammatory markers in trauma patients.J Trauma. 2010; 68: 57-61
- Differences in outcome between obese and nonobese patients following severe blunt trauma are not consistent with an early inflammatory genomic response.Crit Care Med. 2010; 38: 51-58
Published online: July 26, 2010
The author has nothing to disclose.
© 2010 Published by Elsevier Inc.