To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Critical Care Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Prevention of venous thromboembolism the seventh ACCP Conference on antithrombotic and thrombolytic therapy.Chest. 2006; 126: 338S-400S
- Prevalence of deep venous thrombosis among patients in medical intensive care.JAMA. 1995; 274: 335-337
- The incidence of deep venous thrombosis in ICU patients.Chest. 1997; 111: 661-664
- Prevalence of acute pulmonary embolism among patients in a general hospital and at autopsy.Chest. 1995; 108: 978-981
- Deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism: frequency in a respiratory intensive care unit.JAMA. 1981; 246: 1422-1424
- Pulmonary embolism in respiratory failure.Chest. 1978; 73: 460-465
- Anthropometric measures of obesity and risk of venous thromboembolism.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010; 30: 121-127
- Obesity as a risk factor in venous thromboembolism.Am J Med. 2005; 118: 978-980
- A prospective study of risk factors for pulmonary embolism in women.JAMA. 1997; 277: 642-645
- Deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism in the general population “The study of Men born in 1913”.Arch Intern Med. 1997; 157: 1665-1670
- Overweight, obesity and the risk of recurrent venous thromboembolism.Arch Intern Med. 2008; 168: 1678-1683
- Body mass index and mortality in patients with acute venous thromboembolism: findings from the RIETE registry.J Thromb Haemost. 2008; 6: 595-600
- A prospective study of venous thromboembolism after major trauma.N Engl J Med. 1994; 331: 1601-1606
- The PAI-1 gene 4 G/5 G polymorphism and deep vein thrombosis in patients with inherited thrombophilia.Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2003; 9: 299-307
- The adipocyte and hemostatic balance in obesity studies of PAI-1.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1998; 18: 1-6
- Inhibition of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 activity results in promotion of endogenous thrombolysis and inhibition of thrombus extension in models of experimental thrombosis.Circulation. 1992; 85: 305-312
- PAI-1 and the metabolic syndrome links, causes and consequence.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006; 26: 2200-2207
- Adiponectin acts as an endogenous antithrombotic factor.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006; 26: 224-230
- Insulin resistance as a determinant of platelet activation in obese women.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 48: 2531-2538
- Obesity, haemostasis and the fibrinolytic system.Obes Rev. 2002; 3: 85-101
- Platelet adhesiveness, coagulation and fibrinolytic activity in obesity.J Clin Pathol. 1972; 25: 484-486
- Physiological consequences of loss of plasminogen activator gene function in mice.Nature. 1994; 368: 419-424
- Endothelial t-PA release is impaired in overweight and obese adults but can be improved with regular aerobic exercise.Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2005; 289: 807-813
- Prevalence of thrombophilias in patients presenting for bariatric surgery.Obes Surg. 2009; 19: 1278-1285
The authors have nothing to disclose.
© 2010 Published by Elsevier Inc.