To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Critical Care Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Clinical review: management of difficult airways.Crit Care. 2006; 10: 243-247
- The airway: problems and predictions in 18,500 patients.Can J Anaesth. 1994; 41: 372-383
- Airway management in critical illness.Chest. 2007; 131: 608-620
- Management of anticipated difficult airway—a systematic approach: continuing professional development.Can J Anaesth. 2009; 56: 683-701
- Difficult tracheal intubation is more common in obese than in lean patients.Anesth Analg. 2003; 97: 595-600
- High body mass index is a weak predictor for difficult and failed tracheal intubation.Anesthesiology. 2009; 110: 266-274
- The intubation difficulty scale (IDS): proposal and evaluation of a new score characterizing the complexity of endotracheal intubation.Anesthesiology. 1997; 87: 1290-1297
- Predicting difficult airways using the intubation difficulty scale: a study comparing obese and non-obese patients.J Clin Anesth. 2009; 21: 264-267
- Obstructive sleep apnea is not a risk factor for difficult intubation in morbidly obese patients.Anesth Analg. 2009; 109: 1182-1186
- Comparison of the upper bite test with measurement of thyromental distance for prediction of difficult intubations.Acta Anaesthesiol Taiwan. 2008; 46: 61-65
- The reliability and validity of the upper lip bite test compared with the Mallampati classification to predict difficult laryngoscopy an external prospective evaluation.Anesth Analg. 2005; 101: 284-289
- The importance of increased neck circumference to intubation difficulties in obese patients.Anesth Analg. 2008; 106: 1132-1136
- Incidence and predictors of difficult and impossible mask ventilation.Anesthesiology. 2006; 105: 885-891
- Predicting difficult intubation in apparently normal patients.Anesthesiology. 2005; 103: 429-437
- Laryngoscopy and tracheal intubation in the head elevated position in obese patients: a randomized, controlled equivalence trial.Anesth Analg. 2008; 107: 1912-1918
- The diagnostic value of the upper lip bite test combined with sternomental distance, thyromental distance and interincisor distance of prediction of easy laryngoscopy and intubation: a prospective study.Anesth Analg. 2009; 109: 822-824
- Predicting difficult intubation: a multivariable analysis.Can J Anaesth. 2000; 47: 730-739
- A systematic review (meta-analysis) of accuracy of the Mallampati test to predict the difficult airway.Anesth Analg. 2006; 102: 1867-1878
- Death and other complications of emergency airway management in critically ill adults. A prospective investigation of 297 tracheal intubations.Anesthesiology. 1995; 82: 367-376
- Clinical practice and risk factors for immediate complications of endotracheal intubation in the intensive care unit: a prospective, multiple-center study.Crit Care Med. 2006; 34: 2355-2361
- Complications of endotracheal intubation in the critically ill.Intensive Care Med. 2008; 34: 1835-1842
- The incidence and risk factors of difficult mask ventilation.J Anesth. 2005; 19: 7-11
- Factors influencing time of intubation with a lightwand device in patients without known airway abnormality.J Clin Anesth. 2003; 16: 326-331
- Video-assisted versus conventional tracheal intubation in morbidly obese patients.Obes Surg. 2009; 19: 1096-1101
- Avoidance of neuromuscular blocking agents may increase the risk of difficult tracheal intubation: a cohort study of 103812 consecutive adult patients recorded in the Danish Anaesthesia Database.Br J Anaesth. 2009; 103: 283-290
The author has no financial or other conflicts of interest to disclose.
© 2010 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.