To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Critical Care Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Early enteral nutrition in acutely ill patients: a systematic review.Crit Care Med. 2001; 29: 2264-2270
- Nutrition in the critically ill patient.Anesthesiology. 1977; 47: 181-194
- Practical nutritional management in the trauma intensive care unit.Surg Clin North Am. 2000; 80 (x): 921-932
- Immunonutrition in the critically ill: a systematic review of clinical outcome.Crit Care Med. 1999; 27: 2799-2805
- Enteral compared with parenteral nutrition: a meta-analysis.Am J Clin Nutr. 2001; 74: 534-542
- Guidelines for the use of parenteral and enteral nutrition in adult and pediatric patients.JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2002; 26: 1SA-138SA
- Failure to transilluminate the stomach is not an absolute contraindication to PEG insertion.Endoscopy. 1998; 30: 621-622
- PEG using a preexisting abdominal surgical incision in an obese patient with situs inversus.Gastrointest Endosc. 1999; 50: 128
- Gastrostomy placement outcomes: comparison of surgical, endoscopic, and laparoscopic methods.Nutr Clin Pract. 2005; 20: 607-612
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy in the supermorbidly obese patient.JSLS. 2006; 10: 409-413
- Nutritional and metabolic assessment of the hospitalized patient.JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 1977; 1: 11-22
- Net protein anabolism with hypocaloric parenteral nutrition in obese stressed patients.Am J Clin Nutr. 1986; 44: 747-755
- Nutritional requirements of adult surgical patients.Crit Care Med. 1980; 8: 9-20
- Influence of hypercaloric glucose infusions on fuel economy in surgical patients: a review.Crit Care Med. 1981; 9: 680-686
- Respiratory changes induced by parenteral nutrition in postoperative patients undergoing inspiratory pressure support ventilation.Anesthesiology. 1987; 66: 393-396
- Respiratory failure precipitated by high carbohydrate loads.Ann Intern Med. 1981; 95: 579-581
- Respiratory changes induced by the large glucose loads of total parenteral nutrition.JAMA. 1980; 243: 1444-1447
- Efficacy of hypocaloric total parenteral nutrition in hospitalized obese patients: a prospective double-blind randomized trial.JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 1994; 18: 203-207
- Hypoenergetic nutrition support in hospitalized obese patients: a simplified method for clinical application.Am J Clin Nutr. 1997; 66: 546-550
- Hypocaloric enteral tube feeding in critically ill obese patients.Nutrition. 2002; 18: 241-246
- Hypocaloric parenteral nutrition support in elderly obese patients.Am Surg. 2000; 66 ([discussion: 399–400]): 394-399
- Obesity and the metabolic response to severe multiple trauma in man.J Clin Invest. 1991; 87: 262-269
- The obese patient in the ICU.Chest. 1998; 113: 492-498
- Permissive underfeeding: its appropriateness in patients with obesity, patients on parenteral nutrition, and non-obese patients receiving enteral nutrition.Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2007; 9: 317-322
- Intensive insulin therapy in mixed medical/surgical intensive care units: benefit versus harm.Diabetes. 2006; 55: 3151-3159
© 2010 Published by Elsevier Inc.