This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Amniotic fluid embolism is a devastating obstetric condition with a mortality rate as high as 80%. Despite recent advances in our understanding of this condition, it remains enigmatic, unpre- ventable, and in most cases, untreatable as well.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Critical Care Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Amniotic fluid embolism and leukotrienes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1986; 155: 1119
- Araehidonic acid metabolites and the pathophysiology of amniotic fluid embolism.Seminars in Reproductive Endocrinology. 1985; 3: 3
- New concepts of amniotic fluid embolism.Obstet Gynecol Surv. 1990; 45: 360
- Amniotic fluid embolism.Am J Obstet Gyneco. 1988; l158: 1124
- Hemodynamic alterations associated with amniotic fluid embolism: A reappraisal.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1985; 151: 617
- Squamous cells in the maternal pulmonary artery circulation.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1986; 154: 104
- Squamous and trophoblastic cells in the maternalpulmonary circulation identified by invasive hemodynamic monitoring during the peripartum period.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1986; 155: 999
- Amniotic fluid embolism.Obstet Gynecol Surv. 1974; 29: 169
- Coagulation failure in pregnancy.Br Med J. 1970; 1: 691
- Trophoblast cells in peripheral blood frompregnant women.Lancet. 1984; 2: 841
- Rapid diagnosis of amniotic fluid embolism.ObstetGynecol. 1983; 61 (2b(s))
- Defusing the dangers of amniotic fluid embolism.Contempt Obstet Gynecol. 1984; 127
- Left heart failuie in amniotic fluid embolism.Anesthesiology. 1986; 64: 262
- Amniotic fluid embolism.Obstet Gynecol. 1973; 42: 236
- Amniotic fluid embolism.Anesthesia. 1979; 34: 29
- Procoagulant properties of amniotic fluid.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1972; 113: 911
- Amniotic fluid embolism.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1983; 147: 982
- The effect of human amniotic and/or the isolation perfused rat heart.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 158: 210
- Studies to detect the escape of amniotic fluid into the maternal circulation during parturition.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1958; 107: 450
- Maternal pulmonary embolism by amniotic fluid.TAMA. 1941; 117: 1245
- Amniotic fluid embolism and disseminated intravascular coagulation after evacuation of a missed abortion.Obstet Gynecol. 1978; 52 (s): 76
© 1991 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.