Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Critical Care Clinics
- Cost-benefit analysis: An inadequate basis for health, safety, and environmental regulatory decision making.Ecology Law Q. 1980; 8: 474
- Beauchamp T.L. Childress J.F. Principles of Biomedical Ethics. Edition 2. Oxford University Press, New York1983
- An introduction to the principles of morals and legislation.in: Melden A.I. Ethical Theories: A Book of Readings. Edition 2. PnPrentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey1967
- The limits of proxy decision making for incompetents.U.C.L.A. Law Rev. 1981; 29: 393
- Medical paternalism or legal imperialism: Not the only alternatives for handling Saikewicz-type cases.Am. J. Law Med. 1979; 5: 97-117
- Case Approach to DRG Assignment: A Guide For Physicians. Greater Cleveland Hospital Association, Cleveland, Ohio1984
- The Hippocratic oath: Text, translation and interpretation.in: Temkin O. Temkin C.L. Ancient Medicine: Selected Papers of Ludwig Edelstein. The Johns Hopkins Press, Baltimore, Maryland1967
- Case mix definition bv diagnosis-related groups.Med. Care. 1980; 18 (Suppl.):: 1-53
- DRGs and the Prospective Payment System: A Guide for Physicians. American Medical Association, Chicago1983
- Office of Technology Assessment, Congress of the United States: The Implications of Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Medical Technology. Office of Technology Assessment, Washington, D.C1980
- DRGs: Forcing physicians into a business role?.Hosp Phys. 1984; 20: 102-111
- Deciding to Forego Life-Sustaining Treatment: Ethical, Medical, and Legal Issues in Treatment Decisions. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C1983
- A Theory of Justice. Harvard University Press, Cambridge1971
- Cost-effectiveness of two methods of screening for asymptomatic bacteriuria.Br. J. Preventive Social Med. 1976; 30: 54-59
- Clinical judgment.in: Engelhardt Jr., H.T. Spicker S.F. Towers B. Clinical Judgment: A Critical Appraisal. Reidel, Dordrecht, Holland1979: 3-16
- DRGs and the future of surgical practice.N. Engl. J. Med. 1984; 311: 1612-1615
- Health care financing administration: Medicare program: Prospective payment for medicare in-patient hospital services. Final rule.Federal Register. 1984; 49 (January 3): 234-334
- A Theory of Medical Ethics. Basic Books, New York1981
- Limits of guardian treatment refusal: A reasonableness standard.Am. J. Law Med. 1984; 4: 427-468
Some of the material included in this paper was adapted from “DRGs and the Ethics of Cost Containment,” which is to appear in the Hastings Center Report (in press).