This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
This article studies the process of decision making used to arrive at decisions to withdraw treatment in the adult and neonatal intensive care unit. The emerging role of team decision making is described as a cumulative process of dialogue between the health care team and the patient’s family (including the patient in some cases).
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Critical Care Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Prisoner in the I.C.U.: The tragedv of William Bartling.Hastings Cent. Rep. 1984; 14: 28-29
- Newborn ethical dilemmas: Intensive care and intermediate care nursing attitudes.Crit. Care Med. 1984; 12: 508-511
- Cessation of therapy in terminal illness and brain death.Crit. Care Med. 1978; 6: 284-291
- Interaction of health care professionals with critically ill children and their parents.Clin. Pediatr. 1982; 21: 540-544
- Variability in physician bioethical decision making.Ann. Intern. Med. 1982; 97: 420-425
- Decisions to withdraw life support in the neonatal intensive care unit.Clin. Pediatr. 1983; 22: 729-736
- Moral, ethical, and legal dilemmas in the intensive care unit.Crit. Care Med. 1984; 12: 62-68
- The neonatologist's duty to patients and parents.Hastings Cent. Rep. 1984; 14: 10-16
- Ethics of Withdrawal of Life-Support Systems: Case Studies on Decision Making in Intensive Care. Greenwood Press, Westport, Connecticut1983
© 1986 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.