Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Critical Care Clinics
- Intensive care unit telemedicine: alternate paradigm for providing continuous intensivist care.Crit Care Med. 2000; 28: 3925-3931
- Effect of a multiple-site intensive care unit telemedicine program on clinical and economic outcomes: an alternative paradigm for intensivist staffing.Crit Care Med. 2004; 32: 31-38
- Impact of an intensive care unit telemedicine program on a rural health care system.Postgrad Med. 2009; 121: 160-170
- Association of health information technology and teleintensivist coverage with decreased mortality and ventilator use in critically ill patients.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 648-653
- Critical care, critical choices: the case for tele-ICUs in intensive care.Massachusetts Technology Collaborative; New England Healthcare Institute, Cambridge (MA)2010
- Hospital mortality, length of stay, and preventable complications among critically ill patients before and after tele-ICU reengineering of critical care processes.JAMA. 2011; 305: 2175-2183
- A health system-based critical care program with a novel tele-ICU: implementation, cost, and structure details.J Am Coll Surg. 2014; 219: 676-683
- Clinical outcomes after telemedicine intensive care unit implementation.Crit Care Med. 2012; 40: 450-454
- A multicenter study of ICU telemedicine reengineering of adult critical care.Chest. 2014; 145: 500-507
- Association of telemedicine for remote monitoring of intensive care patients with mortality, complications, and length of stay.JAMA. 2009; 302: 2671-2678
- Clinical and economic outcomes of the electronic intensive care unit: results from two community hospitals.Crit Care Med. 2010; 38: 2-8
- Impact of an intensive care unit telemedicine program on patient outcomes in an integrated health care system.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 1160-1167
L. H. S. R. Series. Bibliography: ICU Physician Staffing. Available at: http://www.leapfroggroup.org/sites/default/files/Files/IPSBibliography.pdf. Accessed January 10, 2019.
- ICU telemedicine comanagement methods and length of stay.Chest. 2016; 150: 314-319
- The research agenda in ICU telemedicine: a statement from the Critical Care Societies Collaborative.Chest. 2011; 140: 230-238
- Nudge: improving decisions about health, wealth, and happiness.Yale University Press, New Haven (CT)2008 (Penguin Books; Revised & Expanded edition)
- Staff acceptance of tele-ICU coverage: a systematic review.Chest. 2011; 139: 279-288
- The effect of telemedicine in critically ill patients: systematic review and meta-analysis.Crit Care. 2012; 16: R127
- Determinants of intensive care unit telemedicine effectiveness: an ethnographic study.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201802-0259OC
- A national ICU telemedicine survey: validation and results.Chest. 2012; 142: 40-47
- A theory of organizational readiness for change.Implement Sci. 2009; 4: 67
- ICU telemedicine reduces interhospital ICU transfers in the Veterans Health Administration.Chest. 2018; 154: 69-76
- Impact of telemedicine monitoring of community ICUs on interhospital transfers.Crit Care Med. 2017; 45: 1344-1351
- Evaluation of the impact of a tele-ICU pharmacist on the management of sedation in critically ill mechanically ventilated patients.Ann Pharmacother. 2010; 44: 432-438
- eNutrition: an extension of teleintensive care.Nutrition. 2015; 31: 1165-1167
- Impact of telemedicine on mortality, length of stay, and cost among patients in progressive care units: experience from a large healthcare system.Crit Care Med. 2018; 46: 728-735
- Resident perceptions of a tele-intensive care unit implementation.Telemed J E Health. 2010; 16: 894-897
- Perceived benefit of a telemedicine consultative service in a highly staffed intensive care unit.J Crit Care. 2012; 27: 426.e9-16
- Resident perceptions of competency and comfort before and after telemedicine-ICU implementation.South Med J. 2018; 111: 344-347
- Intensive care unit robotic telepresence facilitates rapid physician response to unstable patients and decreased cost in neurointensive care.Surg Neurol. 2007; 67: 331-337
- Use of telemedicine to provide pediatric critical care inpatient consultations to underserved rural Northern California.J Pediatr. 2004; 144: 375-380
- The effect of ICU telemedicine on mortality and length of stay.J Telemed Telecare. 2012; 18: 282-286
Disclosure Statement: Co-founder and shareholder, Advanced ICU Care, independent, privately owned acute care telemedicine company.