Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Critical Care Clinics
American Telemedicine Association. About Telemedicine: Q&A; 2016. Available at: http://www.americantelemed.org/main/about/telehealth-faqs-. Accessed February 27, 2017.
- AACN TeleICU nursing practice: an expert consensus statement supporting high acuity, progressive and critical care.AACN, Aliso Viejo (CA)2018
- American telemedicine association guidelines for TeleICU operations.Telemed J E Health. 2016; 22: 971-980
- State telemedicine gaps analysis: coverage & reimbursement.American Telemedicine Association, Washington, DC2017
- Different systems and formats for tele-ICU coverage: designing a tele-ICU system to optimize functionality and investment.Crit Care Nurs Q. 2012; 35: 364-377
- Impact of telemedicine on severity of illness and outcomes among children transferred from referring emergency departments to a children's hospital PICU.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2016; 17: 516-521
- The role of telemedicine in pediatric critical care.Crit Care Clin. 2015; 31: 275-290
- How to develop a tele-ICU model?.Crit Care Nurs Q. 2012; 35: 357-363
- A new view: tele-intensive care unit competencies.Crit Care Nurse. 2011; 31: 17-29
- Critical care telemedicine: evolution and state of the art.Crit Care Med. 2014; 42: 2429-2436
- Intensive care unit telemedicine: alternate paradigm for providing continuous intensivist care.Crit Care Med. 2000; 28: 3925-3931
- The effect of multidisciplinary care teams on intensive care unit mortality.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 369-376
- Determinants of intensive care unit telemedicine effectiveness: an ethnographic study.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201802-0259OC
- Telemedicine/virtual ICU: where are we and where are we going?.Methodist Debakey Cardiovasc J. 2018; 14: 126-133
- ICU telemedicine and critical care mortality: a national effectiveness study.Med Care. 2016; 54: 319-325
- A second set of eyes: an introduction to Tele-ICU.Crit Care Nurse. 2010; 30: 46-55
- ICU telemedicine program financial outcomes.Chest. 2017; 151: 286-297
- Shaping the next critical care workforce.in: Kleinpell R.M. Boyle W.A. Buchman T.G. Integrating nurse practitioners & physician assistants into the ICU: strategies for optimizing contributions to care. Society of Critical Care Medicine, Mount Prospect (IL)2012
- An introduction to nursing surveillance in the tele-ICU.Nurs Crit Care. 2018; 13: 42-46
- Evaluation of the impact of a tele-ICU pharmacist on the management of sedation in critically ill mechanically ventilated patients.Ann Pharmacother. 2010; 44: 432-438
- Implementation of pharmacy services in a telemedicine intensive care unit.Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2008; 65: 1464-1469
Everhart S, Kosmisky D, Karvetski C, et al. Tele-ICU Pharmacist Impact on Glycemic Control Across a Large Healthcare System. 2016 ASHP Best Practice Award; 2016. Available at: https://www.ashp.org/About-ASHP. Accessed November 12, 2018.
- Mechanical ventilation competencies of the respiratory therapist in 2015 and beyond.Respir Care. 2013; 58: 1087-1096
- AACN standards for establishing and maintaining healthy work environments.AACN, Aliso Viejo (CA)2016
- Interprofessional collaborative practice and relational coordination: improving healthcare through relationships.J Interprof Care. 2013; 27: 210-213
- Changing the work environment in intensive care units to achieve patient-focused care: the time has come.Am J Crit Care. 2006; 15: 541-548
Patient Safety Network (PSNet). Communication Between Clinicians. Patient Safety Primer; 2018. Available at: https://psnet.ahrq.gov/primers/primer/26/Communication-Between-Clinicians. Accessed November 12, 2018.
Woodruff Health Sciences Center. Emory cares for ICU patients remotely, turning 'night into day' from Australia. Emory News Center; 2018. Available at: https://news.emory.edu/stories/2018/05/buchman-hiddleson_eicu_perth_australia/index.html. Accessed November 12, 2018.
Leventhal R. Emory healthcare saves $4.6M with tele-ICU program. Healthcare Informatics; 2017. Available at: https://www.healthcare-informatics.com/news-item/telemedicine/emory-healthcare-saves-46m-tele-icu-program. Accessed November 12, 2018.
- Emory critical care center nurse practitioner residency program: gaining accreditation to better support nurse practitioners.ANCC, Silver Spring (MD)2015
- Hospital mortality, length of stay, and preventable complications among critically ill patients before and after tele-ICU reengineering of critical care processes.JAMA. 2011; 305: E1-E9
- Tele-ICUs: remote management in intensive care units.New England Healthcare Institute (NEHI), Cambridge (MA)2007: 1-37
- Development of a tele-ICU postorientation support program for bedside nurses.Crit Care Nurse. 2015; 35: e8-e16
- Bedside nurses' perceptions of intensive care unit telemedicine.Am J Crit Care. 2012; 21 ([quiz: 2]): 24-31
- Tele-ICU “Myth Busters”.AACN Adv Crit Care. 2012; 23: 302-311
- Partnership for a healthy work environment: tele-ICU/ICU collaborative.AACN Adv Crit Care. 2012; 23: 289-301
Healthcare P. eICU program: Telehealth for the intensive care unit. Philips Enterprise telehealth; 2017. Available at: https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/product/HCNOCTN503/eicu-program-telehealth-for-the-intensive-care-unit. Accessed October 21, 2017.
C. Welsh, I. Berman, T. Bobich, and T. Brindise have no commercial or financial conflicts to disclose. T. Rincon has received travel support (no honorarium) by Philips Healthcare for advisory and speaking roles. T. Davis is a Director on the AACN Board of Directors.