Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
- Plum and Posner's diagnosis and treatment of stupor and coma.Fifth edition. Oxford University Press, Oxford ; New York2019
- Coma and impaired consciousness : a clinical perspective.McGraw-Hill, Health Professions Division, New York1998
- Unresponsiveness not equal unconsciousness.Anesthesiology. 2012; 116: 946-959
- The curing coma campaign: framing initial scientific challenges-proceedings of the first curing coma campaign scientific advisory council meeting.Neurocrit Care. 2020; 33: 1-12
- Disorders of consciousness after acquired brain injury: the state of the science.Nat Rev Neurol. 2014; 10: 99-114
- European Academy of Neurology guideline on the diagnosis of coma and other disorders of consciousness.Eur J Neurol. 2020; 27: 741-756
- The vegetative and minimally conscious states: consensus-based criteria for establishing diagnosis and prognosis.NeuroRehabilitation. 2004; 19: 293-298
- Changes of neuron-specific enolase concentration in plasma after cardiac arrest and resuscitation.Mol Chem Neuropathol. 1991; 14: 237-245
Bangshoj J, Liebetrau B, Wiberg S, et al. The value of the biomarkers neuron-specific enolase and S100 calcium-binding protein for prediction of mortality in children resuscitated after cardiac arrest, Pediatr Cardiol, 2022: 1-7 (epub ahead of print).
- Recovery of consciousness after brain injury: a mesocircuit hypothesis.Trends Neurosci. 2010; 33: 1-9
- Disruptions of functional connectivity in the default mode network of comatose patients.Neurology. 2012; 78: 175-181
- Functional MRI for assessment of the default mode network in acute brain injury.Neurocrit Care. 2017; 27: 401-406
- Mechanisms underlying disorders of consciousness: bridging gaps to move toward an integrated translational science.Neurocrit Care. 2021; 35: 37-54
- From the phenomenology to the mechanisms of consciousness: integrated information theory 3.0.PLoS Comput Biol. 2014; 10: e1003588
- Conscious processing and the global neuronal workspace hypothesis.Neuron. 2020; 105: 776-798
- Relationship between the anterior forebrain mesocircuit and the default mode network in the structural bases of disorders of consciousness.Neuroimage Clin. 2016; 10: 27-35
Coulborn S, Taylor C, Naci L, et al. Disruptions in effective connectivity within and between default mode network and anterior forebrain mesocircuit in prolonged disorders of consciousness. Brain Sci 2021; 11(6): 749.
- The curing coma campaign: challenging the paradigm for disorders of consciousness.Neurocrit Care. 2021; 35: 1-3
- A Precision medicine framework for classifying patients with disorders of consciousness: advanced classification of consciousness endotypes (ACCESS).Neurocrit Care. 2021; 35: 27-36
- Proceedings of the first curing coma campaign NIH symposium: challenging the future of research for coma and disorders of consciousness.Neurocrit Care. 2021; 35: 4-23
Mainali S, Aiyagari V, Alexander S, et al. Proceedings of the second curing coma campaign nih symposium: challenging the future of research for coma and disorders of consciousness. Neurocrit Care 2022;37(1):326-350.
Lewis A, Claassen J, Illes J, et al. Ethics priorities of the curing coma campaign: an empirical survey. Neurocrit Care 2022;37(1):12-2123.
Helbok R, Rass V, Beghi E, et al. The curing coma campaign international survey on coma epidemiology, evaluation, and therapy (COME TOGETHER). Neurocrit Care 2022;37, pages 47-59. (2022)
- Research needs for prognostic modeling and trajectory analysis in patients with disorders of consciousness.Neurocrit Care. 2021; 35: 55-67